A Product Manager contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio to be responsible for developing and leading product strategy and providing business leadership through all stages of the product lifecycle. This role will be responsible for driving alignment across the organization on roadmap development, prioritization and investment decisions.
**Hybrid schedule, 2/3 days in the office a week generally, after onboarding. Would need to be local in order to fulfill that request.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leverage deep understanding of customer workflows in order to solve meaningful problems through information-driven solutions.
- Performs duties in alignment with the client’s Plan and in support of the organization’s vision To Move Every Life Forward.
- Product Lifecycle Management -Understands priorities and opportunities, and works with others to manage the lifecycle of key products, systems, and solutions, from initial idea through implementation to operations and maintenance to sunsetting. Identifies solutions to solve problems. Develops compelling and actionable product roadmaps. Prioritizes and sequences product features and technology
enhancements given needs and expectations. Leads feature and roadmap definition. Delivers prioritized recommendations and business cases:
- Strategic Roadmap – Develops strategy to mature and evolve key products or systems to effectively support the organization. Internalizes overall company strategy such that it informs requirements and feature prioritization, while also ensuring stability and reliability. Creates and justifies product strategy, conceives new opportunities for major feature/function enhancements:
- Product Requirements – Documents clear and measurable product requirements, makes data-driven prioritization recommendations, and understands practical trade-offs between implementation and functionality and stability and scalability. Creates detailed product specifications using written requirements, business rules, process flows and use cases; incorporates user experience generated deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes and design and copy documents;
- Product Delivery – Manages the development and launch of new features and functionality from concept through implementation and release. Authors requirements and manages the trade-off between meeting timelines or meeting feature sets.
- Business Plan/Product Profitability Constructs and justifies business plan for approval, including both direct and indirect costs. Defines key performance indicators for existing and future productor system features and functionality. Establishes reliable timelines, resource needs, and budgets.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May be required to be available through a mobile device via voice and/or data during and outside of normal working hours, at the manager’s discretion, and must respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- Manages and provides leadership for their staff. Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Ensures the organization meets its EEO responsibilities by assisting in identifying problem areas, participating in local minority organizations, participating in review of complaints alleging discrimination and supporting career counseling for employees. Takes corrective action as necessary, on a timely basis and in accordance with policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, technological or business-related field, or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in a scientific discipline and or MBA strongly preferred.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- PM or ITIL certification preferred.
- Experience – 5-7 years relevant work experience in product management, project management, or strategy roles. Strong working knowledge of product and/or systems lifecycle management.
- Communication – Strong formal and informal communication. Can create compelling communication materials to support the logic behind recommendations and decisions. Communicates with colleagues in concise, compelling, empathetic and persuasive ways. Able to effectively interact with customers, address their questions and concerns, and leverage active listening skills to assess product opportunities and risks. Able to manage negotiations with limited supervision or instruction;
- Leaders hip – Able to effectively lead projects and drive successful outcomes among cross-functional stakeholders. Strong management skills leading large cross-functional initiatives. Effectively uses influence to lead projects, able to influence the performance of others through effective collaboration;
- Analysis and Modeling – Demonstrated experience effectively using research and data to drive complex decisions, ability to establish relevant metrics with little direction. Ability to complete and apply financial mode line tools and techniques. Firm understanding of ROl and ability to apply as a decision-making tool.
- Understands Business Drivers, Context and Key Issues – Has a good working and background understanding of business drivers and key issues, sees actions in organizational context. Able to answer, So What? What Next? & questions to deeply understand complex issues and define strategic options.