Our Newark, NJ client has a contract opportunity for a Net Metering Specialist who will be responsible for review of Interconnection applications (Net meter/Solar Loan) for completeness and compliance with NJ BPU/Office of Clean Energy requirements.
**10% on-site. Normally just for computer issues or full department meetings. Remainder of time is remote.
- Answer customer questions about the interconnection Program or about the status of their job
- Create net meter work orders in the Work Management System (DWMS) and route to the appropriate Electric Division
- Follow-up with Electric Division when jobs are past due date (approval to install, meter changes)
- Review Electric Division answers for completeness and communicate these details to the customer
- Update tasks on the job throughout the process (this includes: issuing meter sets, arranging for phone lines, entering account numbers, etc)
- Track for the receipt of UCC (Uniform Construction Code) Certificate of Approval and Interconnection Agreement Completion Documents
- Coordinate the issuance of the Utility Acceptance (Permission to Operate) letter and advise when application is accepted
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of basic utility operations and solar systems
- Handle Industrial & Commercial FAQ phone inquires
- At least 4 years experience