A Controller is needed for a perm opportunity in Columbus, Ohio. This person will play a pivotal role in overseeing financial operations, including ensuring accurate accounting practices, maintaining a strong internal control framework, financial reporting, and analysis. Your expertise will contribute to the overall financial health of the organization.
**Max 2 days a week remote, full onsite for training
- Develop and refine accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Maintain the chart of accounts including sub funds and projects.
- Oversee payments for accounts and bank loans, ensure adherence to terms.
- Monitor accounts receivable and ensure prompt collections.
- Manage cash balances and projections.
- Review general and subsidiary ledgers for accuracy and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Record adjusting entries as required for general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation.
- Provide timely and accurate financial and operational data to assist management, board of trustees, and granting organizations.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Coordinate and prepare organizational budgeting and financial planning.
- Manage department KPIs with various teams within the organization.
- Offer additional financial analysis as requested, including operational best practices.
- Assist Executive Deputy Director for Finance and Administration in preparing and presenting financial information to Board of Trustees, senior staff, and committees.
- Lead the annual audit process, coordinate, and prepare necessary information.
- Optimize financial processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Administer the financial databases, ensuring effective utilization.
- Regulate offsite records storage.
- Fulfill other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration (emphasis in accounting). CPA
- Minimum three years of experience in higher accounting roles.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office. Financial Edge NXT a plus.
- Nonprofit accounting experience advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting best practices.
- Strong analytical skills for improvements and recommendations.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities to contribute to business decisions.
- Thrives in autonomous environments, handles pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with high ethical standards.
- Values dependability, responsibility, and confidentiality.