Our client in Phoenix, AZ has a direct hire opportunity for a Senior Estimator – Heavy Civil / Heavy Highway who will be responsible for the estimating of Heavy Civil Infrastructure projects with various scopes of work including but not limited to:
- Concrete structures
- Aggregate placement
- Asphalt paving
- Airport taxiways & aprons
This position will work closely with other estimators, project managers and the Chief Estimator. Attention to detail along with excellent written and verbal communication are required.
- Review project specifications, plans and Geotech Report, attend pre-bid meetings, determine site conditions through a site visit.
- Determine self-performed scope of work and subcontracted scope of work.
- Solicit subcontractors and material supplies including any possible requirements for DBE or SBE’s subcontractors.
- Develop bid packages for the various subcontractors and materials suppliers’ scopes of work and send out RFQ’s.
- Proficiently prepare estimates by performing take-offs, setting up the estimate file and building activities & logic in the Heavy Bid (HCSS) estimating software.
- Enter both subcontractor and material supplier quotes in HCSS and make awards.
- Conduct bid Review with Chief Estimator and Management Team prior to bid day.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college, technical school or university in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent OR;
- A minimum of 5 years of heavy civil / roadway estimating experience including removals, grading, concrete structures, aggregate placement, asphalt paving, airport runways and related scopes of work or equivalent and;
- A minimum of 5 years of Estimating including software like HCSS, Heavy Bid, AGTEK, OST, P6, Excel or equivalent.
- A good attitude and the ability to work with and get along with others.