We have an immediate contract opening in New Albany, Ohio for a Right-of-Way (ROW) Agent / Project Manager who is eager to learn, have been proven to work in collaborative settings, preferably within project teams.
- This is Hybrid work designation Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday will be in office schedule and the remaining days will be remote. This is flexible and subject to change.
- Travel 20% to visit site locations. Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must reside in the Central Ohio area.
- Duties will include the responsibility for overseeing multiple projects or program area of projects within a matrix team environment related to the successful installation of transmission line and/or transmission or distribution substation facilities. This includes collaborating in scope completion and creation of estimates, along with managing the ROW acquisition include the monthly facilitation of meetings for status (along with creation and updating monthly project cost budgets and project schedules).
- Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating a portfolio of small – large transmission projects.
- Will manage and direct large project teams comprised of non-direct reports of internal and contract resources.
- Provide guidance, coordination, instruction, and effective communications to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient and economical manner to achieve on time and within budget completion of projects.
- Provide leadership and direction and effectively communicate with all stakeholders, including internal customers, (engineering and other team members), external customers, suppliers, contractors, vendors, regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Activities required for the successful installation of Transmission Line and Transmission/Distribution Station facilities include managing the design, construction, material ordering and acquisition, and ROW and real estate acquisition.
- Coordinate the activities of design engineers, project coordinators, schedulers, construction management, ROW agents, accounting, and materials representatives for large and critical multi-million dollar and multi-year projects.
- Key customer/ contacts will include Asset Management, Transmission Services, Engineering Consulting firms, Industrial Customers, and Regulators (CCN Processes).
- Responsibilities include interfacing with project sponsors and building teams and kicking off projects and bidding and monitoring construction progress on the projects to bring projects in on time and on budget.
- Responsibilities also include the monthly facilitation of meetings for status and construction and bidding along with creation and updating monthly project cost budgets and project schedules.
Hiring for varying levels of education/experience:
- For an Associate-level candidate: Associate’s degree in real estate, business, engineering, project management or related applicable field is required with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience; OR, Bachelor degree in real estate, business, engineering, project management or related applicable field is preferred with no experience necessary.
- For a PM-level candidate: Associates degree plus three (3) years related experience; OR, Bachelor of Science degree plus two (2) years’ related experience. Related experience can include work in project management, business management, construction management, law, real estate or electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way. Possessing a professional certificate (i.e., IR/WA, SR/WA, PMP, etc) and prior experience in a leadership position and/or project management a plus.
- Candidate should be well-versed in various aspects of Project Management or the Acquisition of ROW
- Proficient in written & verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency a must
- Knowledgeable in GIS Mapping systems and databases
- Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted estimating practices
- Properly review maps, drawings, exhibits
- Knowledgeable in earned value and project reports
- Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
- Works outside normal business hours to accommodate project schedule.
- Real Estate/Right of Way alongside Project Management skills is always a plus.