Our Columbus, Ohio client is seeking a Delivery Lead for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
**Please note: Candidate must be local and willing to work a hybrid schedule (office Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday; remote Monday, Thursday)
- Responsible for leading teams to deliver projects and initiatives across the client solution portfolio.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Applies delivery management and systems development lifecycle process to all information technology projects and initiatives from the original concept through the final implementation, as well as ensures that the work is true to company standards and IT strategies.
- Communicates delivery expectations and progress as compared to delivery expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Works with resource managers and technical experts to estimate, negotiate and prioritize resource availability and allocations.
- Understands interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of work being led and the anticipated business needs that work serves.
- Helps to achieve attainable due dates.
- Demonstrates experience and success in identifying several alternative solutions, along with specifying the financial impacts, schedules, business impacts, and consequences (both plus and minus) of each alternative.
- Requires strategic and creative thinking and is tactical in nature.
- Manages initiatives independently to ensure target completion dates are met
- Provide status reporting regarding delivery milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, and communicate across leadership.
- Lead the oversight of deliverables including their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Report on work results through standardized team metrics.
- Build custom reports in Jira. Visualize and analyze Jira metrics to measure the work and business/ team KPIs using the eazy BI tool.
- Assist business partners to enhance operational efficiency, reduce operational risk/cost, and optimize work through adaptive processes.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Challenge, coach, and guide the organization using agile and lean principles.
- Provide team leadership by building and motivating the team to meet project goals, adhering to responsibilities and project milestones.
- Facilitate the day-to-day activities and deliverables including Agile ceremonies, work breakdown and sequencing, task estimation, and schedule creation.
- Identifies and develops trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and university stakeholders.
- Assists junior team members to identify completion dates
- Effectively sells or educates management, peers and users on new concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a Project/Program Manager/Scrum Master/Agile Lead/Delivery Lead/Delivery Manager role
- Proven experience in Agile or adaptive development methodologies with the ability to facilitate agile ceremonies.
- Experience with software release management and understanding of software releases.
- Excellent communication skills can represent and speak for the team during meetings.
- Experience tracking risks, status and dependencies and ensuring mitigation across organizational boundaries.
- Experience with delivering presentations to senior level executives and technical audiences.