We have a contract opening in New Albany, OH for a Transmission Right-of-Way (ROW) Agent / Project Manager who must be experienced in creating scopes, budget and schedules, and manage direct project teams comprised of non-direct reports of contract resources. Required experience with non-environmental permitting (railroad, highway, etc.).
- Job designation is Hybrid and will require working three days a week onsite. Remaining two days are remote. This position will start work on location.
- Candidates local to central Ohio and surrounding areas.
- Travel 10% to visit site locations.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating a ROW portfolio of small – large transmission projects.
- Will manage and direct right-of-way vendors comprised of non-direct reports of internal and contract resources.
- Provide guidance, coordination, instruction, and effective communications to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient and economical manner to achieve on time and within budget completion of projects.
- Provide leadership and direction and effectively communicate with all stakeholders, including internal customers, external customers, regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Responsibilities also include interfacing with project sponsors and building teams and kicking off projects and bidding and monitoring progress on the projects to bring projects in on time and on budget.
- Responsibilities also include the monthly facilitation of meetings for along with creation and updating monthly project cost budgets and project schedules.
- Duties will include the responsibility for overseeing multiple projects or program area of projects within a matrix team environment related to the successful installation of transmission line and/or transmission or distribution substation facilities.
- This includes collaborating in scope completion and creation of estimates, along with managing the ROW acquisition include the monthly facilitation of meetings for status (along with creation and updating monthly project cost budgets and project schedules).
- Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
- Candidate should be well-versed in various aspects of Project Management and/or the Acquisition of ROW
- Proficient in written & verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency a must
- Knowledgeable in GIS Mapping systems and databases
- Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted estimating practices
- Properly review maps, drawings, surveys
- Knowledgeable in earned value and project reports
- Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
- Experience in managing projects for ROW or electric transmission preferred.
- For Associate-level candidates:Associate’s degree in real estate, business, engineering, project management or related applicable field is required with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience; OR, Bachelor degree in real estate, business, engineering, project management or related applicable field is preferred with no experience necessary. Work Experience: This is an entry-level position in the job family.
- For PM-level candidates: Associate’s degree in real estate, business, engineering, project management or related applicable field with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience, OR, Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, engineering or related applicable field with a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: business, project management, real estate, law, electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way and/or real estate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Develop skill in and provide effective communication that is clear, direct, concise, and professional, including effective listening, with all stakeholders including team members, sponsors, management and senior management.
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management and organizational problem-solving.
- Ability to convey vision, strategy or other complex information effectively with the ability to influence and drive results.
- Support and demonstrate ability to provide the organization of project activities, delegate project task assignments, confidently set staff requirements and expectations to manage deliverables and hold staff accountable.
- Demonstrate willingness to provide constructive feedback to staff.
- This position consults with and/or advises the TROW Supervisor, TROW Manager and/or Project Managers on matters pertaining to the policies and procedures governing the acquisition of land and land rights.
- Possess excellent written communication, presentation and organizational skills with a strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and right-of-way/land management databases (i.e., geoAMPS or other land management databases) or other equivalent databases.
- The individual filling this position will be required to travel within the client Transmission service territory; however, on rare occasions may be assigned to special projects and travel outside the transmission service territory.
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours to accommodate project schedules.
- Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the appropriate State