Our Columbus, Ohio client has a 3rd shift contract opportunity for a Data Center Operations Analyst. The role will efficiently use the proper incident and change management processes and procedures to initiate the appropriate documentation, engage 2nd level support and notify the appropriate stakeholder and user community of incidents/changes that occur affecting the Data Center Infrastructure (IBM Mainframe, Linux, UNIX and Windows platforms) with the possibility of impacting client’s customers.
- 3rd shift (11:00pm – 7:30am)
- The first couple weeks of training will all be during first shift hours
- Candidates will have the option to work from home each week once they come up to speed, but not always on Mondays and/or Thursdays.
- WFH days will depend on what rotation schedule they are on.
Main functions include:
- Activities include monitoring events and production batch schedules, providing initial response to alerts caused by failures, escalating service incidents in a timely manner for swift resolution, opening event tickets, providing detailed turnover to the following shift and interfacing with the internal user community, support groups, systems administrators, hardware support teams and outside vendor support.
- Support mainframe generated computer output in a distributed print environment.
- Activities include managing output through application for distribution in postscript format to various network attached printers throughout client.
- Support the implementation and operation of infrastructure services including storage, network, capacity, database, and hardware support, and other IT infrastructure support services involving online services, Editorial Systems and Enterprise Business Systems into the production environment.
- Activities include maintaining master knowledge base with the appropriate guidelines and procedures for staff to follow to manage the infrastructure and test customer facing products to ensure functionality and availability.
- With general direction, leverage event management systems to monitor and maintain the availability and functionality of the client’s computing environment’s systems, network and applications. Assist in the creation and adoption of incident management procedures (60%)
- Communicate effectively with IT support staff and users through various means (e.g., service management systems, telephone, email, communication software) to collect and disseminate information regarding the operational environment. (15%)
- Has working technical knowledge of the client’s computing environment. (10%)
- Support client’s staff implementing changes to the client’s IT infrastructure in accordance with change management procedures and policies. (5%)
- With general direction, support the Data Center’s hardcopy output responsibilities by managing the flow of hardcopy output requests sent to printers within the Data Center. (5%)
- As designated ESSENTIAL staff, report to work when scheduled even when client’s is closed to non-essential employees.
- Some college or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of IT experience.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a positive and contributing manner in a team environment.
- Able to digest, comprehend and follow guideline and procedures.
- Good problem solving/analysis and decision-making skills.