We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Facility Engineering Manager to join our team in Archbold, Ohio. In this onsite role, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating multiple projects across diverse teams. Your primary focus will be on developing efficient processes, executing effective strategies, and ensuring the timely completion of projects.
- some floating weekend work
- growth potential
- Supporting 2 maintenance supervisors and a team of around five union maintenance workers.
- You will play a key role in researching and developing innovative products.
- Responsible for creating project budgets and overseeing their successful execution throughout the year.
- Collaborating closely with various teams, you will ensure that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, maintaining a high level of quality and adherence to organizational objectives.
- You will report directly to the Plant Engineering/Maintenance Manager and work close to focus on strategies and planning for future growth and development.
- Research and develop designs and products.
- Determine the need for training and talent development.
- Hire contractors and build teams.
- Ensure products have the support of upper management.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Check their team’s work for technical accuracy.
- Coordinate work with other managers and staff
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems.
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems.
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics.
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Engineering Manager
- PLC and controls experience and a good understanding of concepts.
- Experience with Allen Bradley drives and components.
- Prefers food manufacturing exp
- Any process building exp/six sigma is a plus