Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract opportunity for an Engineer who will perform electrical transmission system analysis and protection system studies. Accurately models transmission system topology including lines, generators, and transformers for Medium, High, and Extra High Voltages using ASPEN OneLiner.
- Hybrid schedule one day a week. Preferred central Ohio and surrounding areas.
- Perform area protection studies and develop relay settings for existing and new transmission line and station protection schemes.
- Contribute to development of system-wide protection standards for transmission and distribution station protection, metering, and control applications.
- Perform activities related to NERC P&C standards.
- This is an entry level position for new graduates with a bachelor’s degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Passing the Fundamentals of Engineering examination in preparation for future licensing as a Professional Engineer (PE) is encouraged and preferred.
- Minimum Requirements: Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a bachelor’s degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Individuals with a Master’s or Doctorate degree in engineering may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
*ABET – Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master’s degree in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program.
- 2+ years modeling transmission and generation system topology using ASPEN OneLiner for Medium, High, and Extra High Voltages Including:
- Modeling inverter-based generation for both wind and Solar applications
- Modeling synchronous generation
- Modeling transmission lines, transformers, and circuit breakers
- Performing transmission system fault studies including circuit breaker duty analysis
- 2+ years of working with NERC 693 Compliance Standards
- Demonstrated experience in developing/modifying Microsoft VBA based macros/tools or
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement including process development implementation and training.
- Experience with ASPEN Software is definitely valuable to the role.