Our Tulsa, Oklahoma client has a contract opportunity for a Electrical Engineer who will accurately model transmission system topology including impedance and facility ratings for lines, generators, and transformers for Medium, High, and Extra High Voltages using client-internal modeling database, PSS/E, and/or ASPEN One Liner.
- Hybrid schedule and days in office are subject to change per leadership at any point during the tenure of assignment.
- Currently, the one in-office day is Wednesday.
- Candidates should be local to the Tulsa or surrounding area.
- Fulfill various system modeling related requests from Engineering and Operations personnel and submitted via ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Collaborate with others internal/external to the team to model planned projects, build power flow, and short circuit model cases representing the future transmission system, as needed.
- Participating in the planning and organization of project work activities.
- Perform electrical transmission system analysis and protection system studies, as requested.
- Perform activities related to NERC Compliance standards.
- Apply problem solving skills to resolve technical problems and initiate solution techniques.
- Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Individuals with a Master’s or Doctorate degree in engineering may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
- Travel up to 5% ranging from one day to multiple days at a time. Possible trainings, site visits or meetings. Travel would be to Columbus/New Albany OH depending on supporting projects.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Demonstrated experience modeling transmission and generation system topology using ASPEN OneLiner and/or Siemens PSSE for Medium, High, and Extra High Voltages. Including:
- Modeling inverter based generation for both wind and Solar applications
- Modeling synchronous based generation
- Modeling transmission lines, transformers, and circuit breakers
- Performing transmission system fault studies including circuit breaker duty analysis
- Demonstrated experience of working with NERC Compliance Standards
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement including process development, implementation, adherence, and training
- Demonstrated experience comparing data from various sources, evaluating validity of data, and performing clean-up activities, as necessary.
*ABET – Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master’s degree in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program.