A detail-oriented and highly organized Designer is needed for a hybrid contract position in Tulsa, OK as part of the Transmission Line Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Mon-Tuesday in office. Flex schedule.
- Create, revise and maintain engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and organized records. This will involve using Microsoft Excel to record data and generate reports.
- Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors’ catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
- Monitoring and analyzing data: You will be responsible for staying up-to-date on related standard practices and ensuring our company adheres to them. This will involve reviewing current internal procedures, identifying potential risks, and improving client standard practices.
- Read vendors’ prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
- You will be required to develop detailed reports and presentations that communicate compliance information to stakeholders at all levels. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with numerous regions of Transmission Line Engineering.
- Support the client Corporate Compliance policies.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering technology, with one to two years of relevant equivalent experience.
- Equivalent experience without AAS degree – high school graduate and 6 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work