Our client in Westerville, Ohio is seeking a Payroll Administrator for a contract opportunity. Accurately processes employee time sheets and other payroll related information. Verification of data input is critical.
- Must have California Certified Payroll experience and expertise.
- Calculation of special payroll deductions such as garnishments and other required deductions.
- Support and provide back-up in the payroll department.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of interaction of various payroll time keeping systems and payroll processing.
- Research and resolve employee questions about significant payroll issues. Review payroll information for accuracy and propriety.
- Includes detailed understanding of payroll system reports.
- Assist in the communication of payroll policies to employees. Help manage the filing of payroll information for year end.
- Gather and supply payroll information for inclusion and interface into financial statements
- Work with General Accounting and Human Resource teams to ensure close alignment with Financial
- Statements and accurate processing of individual pay
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Certification in payroll and payroll systems preferred.
- Respect for the confidentiality of payroll information
- Competent with analysis of the integration of multiple automated time-keeping and payroll processing systems.
- Associates degree in Accounting or directly related degree (3 years of relevant experience may substitute for education).
- 3-5 years of payroll experience to include at least 3 years working with Oracle HCM or other major payroll software and Kronos Timekeeping.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Timekeeping. Certification in payroll and payroll systems preferred.