A detail-oriented and highly organized Designer is needed for a hybrid contract position in New Albany, OH who will perform daily work activities with general supervision. Work activities to be performed include: computer aided drafting to prepare maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings. The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed, as per client requirements for the position.
- Schedule – Mon-Wed in office. 9am- 4pm.
- Travel requirements are expected 50% of the time. Site Visits related to project work.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Create, revise and maintain engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
- Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents; including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors’ catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
- Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read vendors’ prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
- Assist in training client employees in basic skills of the position.
- Promote and support the Company’s Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the corporate policies.
- Support the Corporate Compliance policies.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education Requirements: Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, with one to two years of relevant equivalent experience.
- Work Experience: Equivalent experience without AAS degree – high school graduate and 6 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
- Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Must be available to work overtime, call-out overtime and shift work, as required.
- Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
- This position may require shift work or overtime.
- Occasional overnight travel to and work within a substation or power plant environment in obedience to all safety regulations and use of personal protection equipment.