An Advanced Assembler contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio. This position would be less soldering and more assembly within company coolers. This position will be putting in the shelves, cages and tubing that is inside the cooler. We need someone that is a doer. We need a hand with getting these large systems assembled.
- Build, assemble, test and QC complex electronic and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and systems for instrumentation used for life science, metabolic and environmental research.
- The position applies knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles while building equipment.
- The Advanced Assembler provides skilled mechanical and electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
- Perform system electrical and pneumatic testing in accordance with applicable documentation to validate complete system function.
- Confirm system is in compliance with build document; perform Quality Assurance check and document QA process.
- Mechanical assembly and assembly of front and rear panel components, shelves, and electronic boxes.
- Use basic hand tools and machine tools for assembly of electro-mechanical parts.
- Use a multi-meter for testing cables and low voltage signals.
- Use a soldering iron for both cable and PCB (through-hole and surface mount) assembly.
- Pack orders.
- Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Understanding of electronics.
- Electronic testing and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to follow wiring, pneumatic and system diagrams.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- 3+ years’ experience as an Assembler.
- Willingness to travel preferred.
- Customer service or technical field service experience a plus.
- Electronic or Specialized Technical Education a plus.
- The employee must frequently lift and move items up to 25 pounds. Occasionally the employees must lift and move 40 – 80 pounds.