Business Analyst – hybrid
This Business Analyst contractor role in Columbus, Ohio provides market, financial and utility industry analysis for developing business unit strategic initiatives. Provides data to monitor the competitiveness of the applicable business unit and offer solutions to improve the business unit organization’s efficiency. Works closely with the business unit management to analyze industry trends and best practices. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the business unit organization, and with internal and external customers. This work will be completed under general supervision.
**Position will be hybrid as needed schedule – there are not currently any set days in the office, but candidates should be local and willing to work in the office if needed.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Analyze business trends and prepare reports to support recommendations on trends, best practices etc.
- Review and audit work order expenses for accuracy. Identify correction opportunities and develop supporting documentation.
- Assist with receiving and reviewing applications for collocation on client assets.
- Creating and submitting purchase order requests, securing returned purchase orders, and assist with invoice requests.
- Maintain, interpret and analyze pertinent data to assisting in creation of presentations to internal customers.
- Analyze and review business unit contracts/work to assure adherence to contract/work standards and agreements.
- Enter/Edit records in business unit database & assist with ensuring relevant information is stored on appropriate drives.
- Education Requirements: Bachelors or Associates degree in Business, Statistics, Finance or related field
- Work Experience: Bachelors Degree and minimum of 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst Associate or 2 years of business case creation, business analysis and benchmarking.
- Associates Degree and minimum of 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst Associate or business case creation, business analysis and benchmarking