A Business Analyst is needed for a contract opening with our Columbus, Ohio client. If you have the passion and technical expertise to thrive in an innovative and agile environment, we want to learn more about you.
**Remote – possible Hybrid especially if worker is in Columbus, OH location.
Experience as a scrum master and/or product owner for a software development team. Experience using Jira and writing user stories for engineers and UX designers to consume. Experience using Adobe Experience Manager or similar content management system, either as a content producer or as part of a team that builds content management systems. Ability to learn new tools and systems quickly and document how they work.
- As a Business Analyst (BA) within the Digital Platform Group, you play a key role by being responsible for gathering business requirements, analyzing workflow and business processes, and writing business rule-based functional specifications, user stories, and test plans.
- The BA is a results‐oriented individual with a passion and capability for contributing to the development of world-class learning solutions, delivered on‐time, on‐scope and on‐quality.
- The BA is a self‐directed team member with demonstrated leadership potential to effectively work across multiple teams, products, and/or platforms. This role serves as scrum master for their team(s).
- You will set a vision and utilize your influence and collaboration to drive the evolution of digital content and learning experiences as well as the tools our instructors use to create and manage those experiences.
- Serve as product owner for an engineering team that supports the client website. Primary stakeholders are the web content production team and the digital marketing team.
- Draft agile epics and stories; maintain backlog with high-quality stories, acceptance criteria, and current priority.
- Assume the role of scrum master for the team by leading scrum ceremonies to maximize team productivity, help resolve blockers and dependencies, and enable sizing of work and task breakdown.
- Partner with engineering, user experience, web production, and digital marketing to investigate, document, and maintain business and technical processes.
- Ensure delivery timelines and scope are well understood by team members, stakeholders, and dependent teams.
- Manage defect triage and resolution in partnership with product managers, business partners, and customer support teams.
What can you bring to the role?
- Enjoy solving problems with software engineering teams
- Experience using or implementing Adobe Experience Manager and/or similar content management system
- Experience analyzing and documenting business processes, IT systems, and software applications
- Ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
- Experience using Jira and writing user stories for software engineers and UX designers to consume
- Hands on experience with Agile development and an understanding of the software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate clearly, manage dependencies across teams, and distill information for technical and business audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, autonomous environment
Bonus points for any of the below:
- Scrum Master Certification
- Product Owner Certification
- Some experience with digital marketing, SEO, web analytics, and eCommerce
- Understanding of accessibility best practices and/or desire to learn quickly.
- Work experience in education or EdTech.