Our client in Irvine, CA has a hybrid contract opening for a Chemistry Quality Assurance Specialist who will be responsible for manual testing of client content and software features, with a heavy emphasis on Chemistry-based content and student input tools.
**This position is subject to a hybrid working model and will require you to be in the office as needed.**
Chemistry Quality Assurance Specialist Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry required. MS/MA degree in Chemistry preferred. Strong GPA required.
- Demonstrated competence in General Chemistry, GOB, and Organic Chemistry required.
- Chemistry teaching, tutoring, or TA experience preferred.
- Ability to show exceptional attention to detail, and be able to interact well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential, as well as follow-up and follow through skills to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities and new situations as it comes
- Excellent interpersonal and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently, and in a team is imperative
Demonstrate knowledge of standards of excellence for products and services within own area
- Demonstrate understanding of how own role contributes to the team; seek clarity in assigned responsibilities when necessary
- Communicate clearly and concisely with others
- Recognize routine customer issues while understanding relevant project implications
- Demonstrate knowledge of the skills, tools and requirements needed to support projects within the domain; seek opportunities to build domain knowledge
- Analyze information in order to help identify the root causes of problems occurring at the project level
- Collect and summarize raw data to determine risk probability
- Demonstrate experience working in agile development environment
As a Chemistry Quality Assurance Specialist, you will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. You must have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills, and a passion for quality. You will be evaluating test cases with respect to requirements and will be responsible for the execution of smoke, regression and functional tests.
- Perform quality assurance of chemistry answer input tools, including verifying that they match the design specification, and that any foreseeable student input, including erroneous input, produces a constructive response (i.e. answer processing).
- Validate test results against expected results for all products.
- Create formal test cases for all products (Chemistry and Math). Work alongside the automation team to generate pertinent test cases.
- Test legacy and new test cases with the use of formal test cases or scripts. Execute smoke, regression and functional tests
- Interpret test cases and compare them to established specifications
- Be able to go beyond the specification and anticipate problem areas in the product design and document test cases results and compare to expected results
- Attend all agile ceremonies and contribute to sizing and grooming of tickets for Chemistry, Math, and Platform projects.