Level D&I is seeking a Chemistry Quality Control Specialist for a hybrid onsite / remote contract role with our client located in Irvine, California. Main duties will include verifying the correctness of the question and explanation, testing the answer processing, and checking the overall design of the algorithm, including choice of answer type.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- The successful applicant must be a strong problem solver who is excellent at solving Chemistry problems.
- The candidate must be conscientious, show exceptional attention to details, and be able to interact well with others.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are essential, as well as good follow-up and follow through skills to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar field with a strong GPA. Candidates with higher degrees are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Expert level chemistry skills and knowledge.
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite
- Basic software programming knowledge a plus.
- XML programming a plus
- At least two years of experience teaching and/or tutoring with academic materials in chemistry.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with creativity, and with minimal supervision.
- Analyzing algorithms and other materials in existing products for general quality, soundness, coherence, and compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Determining whether classification of student answers is correct or incorrect.
- Propose creative solutions to issues that arise from quality control analyses.