Columbus, Ohio company has a contract-to-hire opportunity for a CNC Machinist to produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines.
- Programs mills and operates shop machinery including but not limited to, lathe, vertical mill, drill press,
table saw, band saws, sanders, shear, punch press, box brake, spot welders and tig welder.
- Produce parts from blueprints, sketches and rough ideas.
- Modify existing parts.
- Maintain general maintenance on your machine and equipment in your area.
- Follow all safety rules to prevent injury of others and yourself.
- Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years’ experience operating and programming CNC machinery.
- Experience with CNC milling machine setup, operation and conversational programming required.
- Must be able to read blueprints and use inspection tools.
- Skilled in basic hand tools.
- Specific experience with Hurco machines a plus.
- Experience with manual mill and lathe operation a plus.
- Experience in machining aluminum, stainless steel, PVC and polycarbonate a plus.
- Experience in fabricating prototype models and sheet metal a plus.
This position operates in an Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) shop, not a job shop. Comfortable,
climate-controlled environment. Hearing protection occasionally required. All required tools provided by the