The Community Events Coordinator role with our Columbus, Ohio client is responsible for creating and executing transformative experiences around giving back for individuals and families in the community. In this role, you’ll lead the effort to connect community members to nonprofits doing game-changing work. This includes curating volunteer experiences, managing community volunteers and volunteer leaders, bolstering nonprofit partnerships, and ultimately strengthening the community through civic engagement.
**Estimated salary: $40-45K/yr.
**Because this position will require some local travel, reliable transportation is required.
Leadership and Community Engagement
- Providing high-touch customer service to volunteers and community partners.
- Implement new and exciting volunteer opportunities.
- Manage client’s internal volunteer calendar.
- Amplify client rewards program.
- Serve as an administrator for client’s nonprofit database by ensuring events, experiences and
photos are accurately and timely uploaded in the database.
- Manage all volunteer feedback, resolving challenges and roadblocks.
- Create strategies to engage and grow volunteer base.
- Support business-critical operations including supply drives, annual fundraisers and large
community and corporate events.
Lead client’s Volunteer Leader program
- Develop strategies to recruit, maintain, and onboard volunteer leaders.
- Create exciting and engaging communication channels to leverage leaders to ensure event coverage and success.
- Schedule consistent volunteer meetings and appreciation check-in’s
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years professional experience as a project and/or events manager with a keen eye to detail organization.
- Effective and engaging communicator, both written and verbal.
- Exhibits professionalism, optimism, and enthusiasm; enjoys working with diverse constituents; and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Creative problem solver, committed to high-touch customer service, and responsive to partner needs.
- Proficient using technology, including Basecamp, Airtable, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, and Microsoft Office.
- Willing to travel
What the client offers:
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to do good.
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit.
- Headquartered in a collaborative workspace.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement package and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Generous vacation policy and paid holidays off.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Volunteering, team retreats, and a great company culture.