Immediate requirement for a Data Analyst contractor onsite in Bellevue, WA. As a Senior Analyst within the Credit Risk Management team, you will be required to wear multiple hats. You must have a strong blend of analytical skills, project management, presentation skills, and ability to develop strong and effective working relationships.
You will be working independently and/or in as part of a team of analysts to identify new credit segmentation opportunities using statistical methods leading to enhancements to the credit decision process and policies, collections strategies, and fraud strategies.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- You will be partnering within members of the Credit Risk Management team and other functional teams for the deployment, analysis and tracking of new credit strategies to manage risk.
- You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights from the data, and then clearly and concisely communicate actionable recommendations based upon your insights.
- In many cases, you will participate in projects at various stages from idea or hypothesis generation to development and/or implementation.
- You will be expected to contribute as credit data expert, analytic methodology specialist and primary statistics analyst.
- 5+ years of quantitative analytic modeling experience or comparable process management experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree required
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in SAS or other statistical/analytical programming languages
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Superior communication (spoken and written), organization and presentation skills
- Superior time management skills and awareness of project management methods
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline a plus
- Basic proficiency in SQL, C++, Python, R or other statistical software packages a plus
- Prior consumer risk management experience a plus
- Wireless / Telecom experience a plus