Data Governance Coordinator – remote to start
The primary function for this Transmission Data Coordinator role will be assisting in the FERC filing of transmission interconnection agreements including drafting Filing Letters, creating the filing in Systems, loading agreements into the SmartSheet database, and providing notice to the appropriate stakeholders upon FERC acceptance.
- Prefer individual local to Central Ohio (Columbus, OH)
- Mon – Fri, Remote initially, but anticipated to be Hybrid (3 days per week in-office) long-term
- OT not expected, but could be occasional potential if needed and approved.
- The Coordinator position will also be responsible for assisting in the development and creation of Interconnection Services data and tracking systems aligning to electrical grid interconnections.
- The focus of the position will be reviewing data interfaces, quality management, and maintaining data and information from several associated energy business units.
- The Coordinator will also be responsible for formulating this data and information into reports, which will be shared and communicated with respective account management support and leadership.
- The Coordinator will assist with the transformation of the electrical industry through tracking interconnection of clean energy resources onto the grid through data and data management solutions.
- Coordinate with Interconnection Agreement Account Managers to produce accurate, conforming filing documents prior to performing filing
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to define data needs and record data definitions for Interconnection Services tracking systems.
- Establish data governance.
- Manage the data needs and integrity.
- Identify priority of data gaps and issues, including working with IT for resolution.
- Manage data assets, data quality, and support sound data analysis.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as requested and communicate conclusions/recommendations to leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college or an Associate’s degree with 2 years of experience in design, operations, planning, construction or maintenance of systems and/or equipment.
- Technical writing experience
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office productivity tools (particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, strategic thinking, and solutions oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Ability to review and add value through process improvement initiatives proposed by the candidate or outside the group