The Data Modeler in this direct hire role is responsible for developing conceptual, logical and physical data models with required metadata for the enterprise by engaging subject matter experts (SMEs), business process owners and other stakeholders familiar with the client’s medical and non-medical data through collaboration and highly effective communication skills.
Candidates local to Columbus, Ohio are ideal, but open to remote.
Data Modeler Responsibilities:
- Engage stakeholders to develop and maintain client conceptual model in ER Studio
- Develop and maintain client logical data model in just in time agile manner, and synchronize with Collibra so that data model entities and attributes with metadata become business assets for data governance
- Develop relational and dimensional (star schema) physical data models for relational and NoSQL databases with data engineers on agile teams to conform governed data cardinality across enterprise data assets with source to target mapping for ETL development and data linage in Collibra. Adhere to governed data modeling patterns for physical models and naming standard.
- Advocate, support, enable and implement agile development methodologies and principles to design, develop and deploy evolving data products that drive business value.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Statistics, Healthcare Informatics, Mathematics or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and database design
- At least 1 -2 successful data modeling implementations with an enterprise data modeling tool such as ER Studio or Erwin for dimensional models in an enterprise data warehouse.
- At least 5 years experience working with and enterprise data modeling tool such as ER Studio or Erwin.
- At least 5 years experience developing dimensional star schema models for data warehouses.
- Proficiency in data governance and metadata management.
- Experience in healthcare data and medical claims processing.
- Experience in workforce management and telephony data.
- Experience in working with Security and Privacy professionals to provide proper data classification on data elements.
- Proficiency in relational SQL and NoSQL database technologies to include NoSQL document, graph and columnar databases as well as NoSQL KVP stores and data streaming technologies such as Kafka, SQS, SNS and like technologies.
- Ability to build data behavior consensus across the enterprise by collaborating with business leaders and stakeholders that create, consume, alter or depend on data to deliver business value.
- The ability to present and influence stakeholders with effective visualizations and communication skills to solve business problems and implement effective solutions.
What’s in it for you
- Compensation: Competitive base pay, incentive plans and employee referral bonuses.
- Coverage: Health, vision and dental featuring our best-in-class healthcare navigation services, along with life insurance, legal and identity protection, adoption assistance, EAP, Teladoc services and more.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with up to 4% employer match and full vesting on day one.
- Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, parental leave, volunteer days, paid sabbaticals, and more.
- Development: Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually, certification/continuing education reimbursement, discounted higher education partnerships, paid trainings and leadership development.
- Culture: Recognition as a Best Place to Work for 15+ years, dedication to diversity, philanthropy and sustainability, and people-first values that drive every decision.
- Environment: A modern workplace with a casual dress code, open floor plans, full-service dining, free snacks and drinks, complimentary 24/7 fitness center with group classes, outdoor walking paths, game room, notary and dry-cleaning services and more!