Designer Associate – hybrid
Our Tulsa, OK client has a hybrid onsite / remote contract opportunity for a Designer Associate who will perform daily work activities with direct to moderate supervision. Work activities to be performed include computer-aided drafting to prepare maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering-related drawings. The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed, as per client requirements for the position.
- 40 hour work week. Flex time is allowed, can be five 8-hour days, four 9-hour days and one 4-hour day, or four 10 hour days. OT is possible but not often, would depend on project deadlines.
- This position is a Hybrid designation working 2 days in office and remaining days (depending on Flex schedule) remotely and selected candidate must reside within driving distance of the General Office in Tulsa, OK.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Create, revise and maintain engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
- Support the creation, revision, and maintenance of facilities and equipment documents; including but not limited to construction, equipment, property documents and records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors’ catalogs and technical reference manuals and site visits.
- Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
- Work with other organizations of the Company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read vendors’ prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into the work being performed.
- Assist in training employees in basic skills of the position.
- Promote and support the Company’s Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the corporate policies.
- Support the Corporate Compliance policies.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, or relevant equivalent experience and/or education.
- Equivalent experience without AAS degree – high school graduate and 4 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
- Must be available to work overtime, call-out overtime and shift work, as required.
- Travel requirements are expected 10% of the time.
- Must be familiar with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
- This position may require shift work or overtime. Occasional overnight travel to and work within a substation or power plant environment in obedience to all safety regulations and use of personal protection equipment.
- AutoCAD knowledge/experience preferred.