Our Irvine, CA client has a contract need for a Desktop Support Specialist who will provide first call service with respect to Help Desk/LAN technical situations. Provides office-wide IT support to personnel on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical assistance and troubleshooting. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Sets up office IT equipment and software.
**Hybrid – Irvine, CA office – Vaccination card required. Hours 7AM to 7PM PST
- Provide local and remote Level 2 support to internal colleagues for software and hardware issues, Microsoft applications, etc.
- Responsible for local site desktop support, printer support, AV, etc.
- Serve as escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 1.5 support and for the IT Depot
- Maintain technical documentation, and IT manuals.
- Document technical issues and procedures.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Responsible for the end to end lifecycle of IT assets. Image, deploy, maintain and retire all hardware including desktops, laptops, monitors, etc.
- Monitor team ticket queues, ensure SLOs are met and identify training opportunities. Report on team performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Provides hardware support for PCs, Macs, printers, network, VoIP phones, wireless and handheld devices
- Able to deploy OS images for PC
- Coordinates with vendors and service providers for in-warranty hardware replacement and service
- Follows standard guidelines to install and configure new equipment and peripherals, moving, and updating equipment for regular replacement and to accommodate staff moves and changes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- -2+ years in a similar role (such as a site lead for an office)
- Experience with incident and support requests
- Experience providing local and remote support to client in multiple locations.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Azure, Office 365
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Operate and maintain network printers and network components like video-conferencing systems based on Zoom
- Strong attention to detail
- Good documentation ability
- Team player and ability to work independently
- 2+ years in desktop support
- 2+ years in Windows 10 and MacOS support