Electrical Engineer – hybrid
Our client in Corpus Christi, TX is seeking an Electrical Engineer who is primarily responsible for engineering support of the Reliability applications, processes, and the associated data and solution integrity. This includes supporting State Estimator functionality in the PJM, SPP and ERCOT regions as well as other reliability tools used in Transmission Operations.
- Local candidates within reasonable distance to Corpus Christi.
- This position currently requires three days / week reporting to the Transmission Operations Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. In office reporting requirements subject to change based on corporate directives.
- M-F No travel expected. OT is possible.
- Job designation is Hybrid -three days a week working on location and the remaining two days working remote from home.
- Rotating four day schedule with others on team for 24/7 on call support. Estimated to be four days every 6-8 weeks. Limited calls, this is only for emergency situations. During the rotation, the contractor will work their hybrid work schedule and then be on call (remote) during the after hours. Will be compensated for the actual work performed during the emergency situations, not for being on call.
- Strong possibility to convert for the ideal candidate.
- On the support aspect, the engineer will focus is on monitoring and addressing data/model quality issues and on maintaining acceptable solution quality in support of Real-time system reliability.
- The engineer will also be in in charge of continuous capital and overhead work modeling in the State Estimator.
- The engineer will be part of 24×7 On-Call support staff rotation in order to provide non-stop support to the System Control Center; this means that during the time they are on-call they are expected to be available and respond.
- The engineer will be troubleshooting and analyzing EMS power flow solution iteration results and work with various other applications used in the daily reliability and operations of the electric grid.
- The engineer will assume modeling responsibilities for an assigned area in accordance to client’s capital and O&M work plan.
- Experience in Energy Management Systems, system reliability & grid operations, planning and modeling is a plus.
- Electrical Engineering background required.
- This could be an entry level position for new graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*
- Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Individuals with a Master’s degree in engineering from an engineering program accredited by ABET* may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
*ABET – Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master’s degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program.