Engineer Associate – hybrid
Our Columbus, OH client has a contract opportunity for an Engineer Associate. This position will support TAPR (Transmission Asset Performance and Renewal) as a support engineer for the East or West Regions. This role is responsible for supporting the Enhanced Needs Process by coordinating and collaborating with various stakeholders across the client, gathering documentation, and creating validation packages, which planning function employees ultimately use to justify asset renewal driven projects both internally and externally to the client.
Job designation is hybrid, requiring working three days a week in office. Candidates local to central Ohio and surrounding areas only.
- This role will aid in the development of the C55 program to further enhance and find efficiencies for the renewal process.
- This role supports failure project creation in IRR and EcoSys under the Regional Failure Programs.
- This position is intended to perform entry level engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of technically and economically appropriate engineering solutions and with consideration to employee and public safety, system reliability, standardization, ease of operation, and timely project completion within approved project schedules and authorized budgets.
- Organize and develop validation packages for the TAPR Enhanced Needs Process within the region for the continued development of a flexible 5 year Transmission Portfolio. This will require an understanding of asset outage data, asset age data, asset condition data, and asset health data.
- Develop the C55 Platform within the renewal process in collaboration with the TAPR team. Learn and document best practices and efficiencies gained.
- Support the creation of BPIDs for the Enhanced Needs Process as well as for the Regional Failure Programs within IRR. Support the creation of master projects and updating of forecasts for failure work in EcoSys.
- Support and provide guidance for any internal or external data requests. This could include supporting rate case and commission filing RFIs, RTO Needs Submittal questions, and general data requests from Transmission Planning.
- Provide support for TTMP (Transmission Telecom Modernization Program). This includes reviewing the TTMP work plan for potential overlaps from upcoming projects and Enhanced Needs Process Candidates.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with the policies, practices, standards, and rules of the Company and regulations and procedures as required by federal, state, or local regulating agencies.
- Possesses entry level knowledge and performs varied assignments with proficiency in the application of theory and analytical techniques to solve diverse problems and complete extensive analysis.
- Demonstrates competency in analytical techniques necessary to handle assignments of moderate complexity. (e.g., by dividing the problem into component steps, and performing the analysis necessary to complete each step).
- Exhibits ability to understand interrelationship between systems and component equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and recommend enhancements to business processes.
- Understands organizational structure and the specific role and responsibility of their individual organizational unit. Demonstrates an understanding of the budgeting and approval process including the use of IRR and EcoSys.
- Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Individuals with a Master’s degree in engineering from an engineering program accredited by ABET* may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
*ABET – Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1. a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2. a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master’s degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program.