Level D&I Solutions is currently seeking a Field Technician contractor in Livonia, MI to be responsible for staying current in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing communication as directed.
Driving is a requirement for this assignment – Toledo, OH area. Expenses approved, mileage and tolls.
The Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, radio access networks, backhaul to sites, signaling, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to network design, capacity planning, power systems AC/DC, and grounding.
Requirements of the Field Technician
- Must have 4WD SUV/Truck and be able to haul necessary RAN parts/spares
- Must have basic tools
- Must have a phone but will also be supplied a client test phone
- Client will provide laptop and necessary test equipment
- Well versed in Microsoft Office specific to Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Cell site router and Nokia RAN hardware experience a plus
- Comfortable working with DC power
- Proficient with fiber and RF cable testing using EXFO, Kaelus, Anritsu, or equivalent
- Must be able and willing to work day, afternoon, night shifts, weekend shifts, holidays, and on call
- Be able to safely climb stairs or stepladders to reach equipment as required
- Be able to work in varied weather conditions and remote areas
- Be able to lift up to 75 lbs