Infrastructure Engineer – remote
We have a remote contract opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect who will be part of a larger team delivering high quality Computer, Network, Storage and End-User Infrastructure technology solutions, on-going support to the business. Plan, research, evaluate, design, and engineer the enterprise’s technology infrastructure.
**Remote working EST or CST hours
The client is kicking off a project to implement SCCM/MECM from LANDesk. Looking for individuals to assist with this effort and backfill for other workstation engineering efforts.
- Experience with SCCM/MECM implementation
- Experience Scripting / automation
- Good PowerShell experience
- Experience working in workstation engineering team (level 3)
- Experience with LANDesk a plus
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting, cost estimates, justifications, and recommendations.
- Produce technical documentation, support and configuration.
- Manage, plan, and maintain technical platforms including upgrading systems.
- Monitor system performance, and install and configure hardware.
- Responsible for collaborating with other Job Families such as Project Managers, Architects, Solution Engineers, Technicians, Business Analysts to deliver consistent, reliable technology solutions that leverage the client’s technology standards, architectures and best practices.
- Perform infrastructure project assignments
- Coordinate and monitor work activities, using approved applications and tools for projects
- Assist with planning, researching, evaluating, designing, and developing systems.
- Provide basic to intermediate technical support and assist with analysis, operation, administration, and troubleshooting activities
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates, justifications, application requirements, alternative solutions, and technical recommendations.
- Participate in the preparation of technical documentation including procedures, manuals, and reports.
- Prepare cost estimates for the routine engineering solutions using established guidelines
- Reviews and adheres to budgeting and approval processes while assisting with annual and project planning
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- 2 years of relevant work experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, standards, codes and regulations relevant to assignments.
- Continue building knowledge of infrastructure, environment, components, and facilities to enable more efficient and comprehensive responses to projects and problems.
- Ability to create effective documentation.
- Potential need to work early/late hours to support change requests, and take time off later in the week to stay at 40 hours.
- Potential for occasional travel for a team meeting, but would be rare if at all.