Our client in Columbus, Ohio has a direct hire opportunity for an IT System Engineer who will provide infrastructure and end-user support, including Windows NOS & OS, Office 365 products, and all corresponding third-party software.
- Maintains co-location facility hardware and overall environment.
- Maintains routers, switches, firewalls, and circuit connectivity.
- Maintains desktop computers and manages imaging methodologies.
- Configures, maintains, and supports VOIP telecom technologies.
- Configures, maintains, and supports streaming data backups.
- Implements and maintains system capacity and provides monitoring reporting tools.
- Installs hardware and/or software products for end users.
- Maintains company Help Desk software, procedures, and customer SLA.
- Manages existing and establishes new vendor relationships.
- 24×7 on-call support for end user issues and infrastructure connectivity problems.
- Minimal travel required (approx. 5%).
Knowledge & Experience:
- TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet, and VOIP telephony technologies.
- Firewall technologies (preferably Watchguard).
- Windows network operating systems (Active Directory, PowerShell), Linux preferred.
- Microsoft Azure cloud applications, services, and administration.
- VMware/Hyper V Platform and VEEAM Streaming data backup methodologies.
- Cisco and/or Ubiquiti wired and wireless switching technologies.
- Microsoft Office 365 (Admin, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Power Automate)
- Various help desk systems, package deployment methodologies, and anti-virus technologies.
- Server, desktop, and laptop hardware builds, repairs, and deployments.
- Minimum 4+ years in an infrastructure support role capacity.
- Associate’s degree in IT related field or equivalent experience and certifications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with management, technical and non-technical users.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.