The Market Intelligence Analyst role offers candidates a unique opportunity to build a strong foundation in Venture Capital, Entrepreneurship, Research, and Corporate Innovation, with the potential to explore multiple career paths in these areas. The role will help the team better understand and take advantage of market opportunities within Enterprise Software, Life Sciences/Healthcare IT and more.
**Location: Columbus, OH (hybrid 2 days on site)
**Covid vaccination required
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research venture deals, formulate reports, and produce strategic briefings across many industry topics within key sectors.
- Manage and create audience-ready deliverables on multiple market research topics in such sectors as Enterprise Software / Data Analytics and Decision Support; Healthcare and Healthcare IT; Insurtech; Foodtech; Materials Sciences and IOT; and more.
- Review and identify market data, reports, and analyses that could be relevant to the company, their clients, or Corporate Innovation partners
- Scout and research new companies and technologies within the sectors the client serves to foster dealflow, including for Corporate Innovation partners
- Research potential markets/industries-of-interest to size opportunities and identify unique companies, including for the company and their clients
- Assist with client and partner pipeline and support services, including front end dealflow, programmatics, and client engagement process
- Collect and analyze research information from relevant primary and secondary sources
- Support other special research projects as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- The successful candidate will possess comprehensive and flexible analytical thinking, writing and presentation skills.
- This team member will be an excellent researcher and communicator who can work cross-functionally to translate data into actionable insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or relevant field.
- You have initial experience in areas such as market research, analysis, venture capital, or other relevant categories that the role can build upon.
- New technologies and innovation excite you and fuel your curiosity.
- You are feverishly inquisitive, prepared to learn at a rapid pace, and have a tenacious work ethic.
- You are a leader among your peers and think unconventionally.
- You have a strong drive and the ability to self-direct, especially on multiple projects at any one time. Our work is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team.
- You are able to research, assimilate, and communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly through your work.
- You are curious, and you are excited to learn about industry and analytical tools like Pitchbook, CB Insights, Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.