Our Overland Park, KS client has an onsite contract need for a Payroll / HR Analyst who will perform a variety of project related work, some technical support for HR Payroll systems and will troubleshoot payroll process issues and assist with escalations. The Analyst, Payroll will report to the Manager, Payroll, and provide subject matter expertise to the Payroll Services and Operations Team and partners to support process design and improvements.
Payroll Analyst Responsibilities:
- The primary purpose of this position is to contribute to the development of programs and processes to ensure payroll compliance and efficient processing within Payroll Operations.
- This position will support the Payroll Services and Operations Team and works in a highly collaborative team environment which is expected to drive a positive culture with teammates through support, coaching, and mentoring.
- The position partners with internal client groups as a representative of the Payroll Support Team, including but not limited to Legal, Accounting and Finance, Commissions, and HR Solutions, to drive solutions and provide consulting to ensure efficient process design.
- This position will represent the Payroll Support Team as a subject matter expert on company-wide projects, including all cross-functional work related to Payroll Services and Operations.
- This position will participate in the coordination of timelines, attendance of meetings, contribute work to project plan, create test scripts, perform UAT testing and validate data
- Leading small payroll projects, from the creation of timelines, facilitation of meetings, the delegation of duties, take notes and follow up and confirm completion of tasks.
- Preparation, processing, and auditing of highly sensitive payroll compensation files, including the payroll set up, processing, auditing, and reconciling payroll programs, including Stock, ESPP, NQDC and payroll related executive compensation items for accurate payment and reporting. Ensure compliance of all programs adheres through audits and reconciliation
- Develop reconciliation procedures, identify and implement improvements of department processes, procedures and audits to increase operational effectiveness, accuracy and ensure legal compliance
- Support legal compliance and be the point of contact for requests from the legal department, or other assigned internal teams
- Support year-end and quarter-end payroll activities, including organizing meetings and deliverables with all team partners and tasks for the production team. Ensure tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Level I quality control checkpoint of the full payroll production cycle
- Successful individuals in this position will be adept at prioritization and organization of tasks, assigned and unassigned, at all times.
- Communicating to leadership and the team on projects status.
- These individuals have competency in analysis, reporting, change & innovation, strategic & critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, as well as results and a customer focus.