Science Editor – part time, remote
Our client is seeking a Science Editor for a part time, remote contract opportunity – 25-30 hours per week. Candidate is responsible for the quality, consistency, and integrity of content. Candidate will be editing science content for grades 6-12 for digital supplemental product.
- Deep science knowledge
- Developmental and line editing experience
- Working with Lexile differentiated content. Flexible on Lexile IF candidate has experience with students of different abilities.
- Knowledge and Experience with: Microsoft Office products, Word documents, Smartsheets
- Need candidate with editing and science expertise
- Subject matter skills—writing and editing skills
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- BA/MA in a science discipline and a working knowledge of Earth, Space, Life & Physical science for middle and high school
- 2+ years as an editor of materials in K–12 educational publishing or educational technology
- Experience with differentiated text and Lexile levels
- Understanding of appropriate voice, vocabulary, and compositional structure for students across grades and reading levels
The Science Editor is responsible for:
- Razor-sharp editing of science feature articles (Earth & Space, Life, Physical) and accompanying test items for grades 6–12.
- Editing content for organization, consistency, accuracy of science content, and flow of the text, helping to improve clarity and readability.
- Ensuring that all content meets our high standards of editorial and instructional excellence in tandem with the science editorial lead