Senior Data Steward – hybrid
Our Tulsa, OK client is seeking a Senior Data Steward for a hybrid onsite / remote contract opportunity. This position will be focused on supporting data governance, quality control, and audit compliance within Interconnection Services. Position will start hybrid, working on location one day a week.
**Hybrid role, currently 1 day per week. May be more onsite days needed for training. Candidates must be local to Tulsa area. Potential for rare occasional travel for all-hands meetings.
The Data Steward’s core functions include, but are not limited to,
- Define data needs and record data definitions for Interconnections Services Distributed Energy Resources (IS-DER) owned applications and models.
- Establish data governance and repeatable IT processes for IS-DER application data needs.
- Manage the data needs and integrity for DER application data including the PowerClerk database.
- Collaborate with Data Management Services, IT, and Business Unit functions to establish and execute a DER data strategy.
- Identify the need for data from IS-DER applications by other business units within the client and establish data governance for the most critical data needs.
- Identify and prioritize data needs and issues in IS-DER processes for future IT projects, including the mapping of this information and working with the IT data teams for resolution.
- Work IT and others on the IS-DER team to ensure that new IS-DER applications are developed with data governance as a high priority and an integral part of the projects.
- Identify automation opportunities of data validation and governance for the above processes.
- Manage data assets, data lineage, and data quality, and support sound data analysis that rationalizes the applicable data governance strategy.
- Work with other Data Stewards to develop and implement client enterprise-wide standards and processes for data governance.
- Work with Corporate Data Governance Group to populate metadata for IS-DER applications in the client Metadata Repository.
- Prepare reports for management to clearly demonstrate data governance needs, activities, projects, and results.
- Under some supervision, performs data stewardship activities and analysis requiring technical knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient, and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
- DATA GOVERNANCE
- Strategy & Methodologies: Assist with operationalizing a business data domain specific data governance strategy with direction from lead data stewards.
Roadmap: Implement one or more part of a business data domain’s data governance roadmap.
- DATA QUALITY
- Policies, Standards & Scope: Execute and implement SOPs to enhance the quality of a business data domain’s data as per defined scope and priorities.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the Data Stewardship Council.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business or related field of study; or associate degree in computer science or related field of study with 2 years of relevant work experience; or High school diploma/GED with 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience: In addition to any experience required above, 2 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Qualified experience includes data centric operations, experience with a good working knowledge of data governance practice within the utility industry. Experience should be in defining and execution of data quality standards and associated business rules and data analysis.
- Intermediate understanding of database structures.
- Proficiency in writing queries in SQL, Oracle, SAS, and python to research and analyze data is preferred.
- Experience with data cataloging and data analytics projects encouraged.
- Knowledge and understanding of program automation / process streamlining utilizing Python, Matlab, or SAS is encouraged.
- Troubleshoot complex issues with little guidance leveraging strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Implement and maintain metadata processes for a business data domain’s data.
- Implements and operationalizes processes that certify that data is fit for intended business uses in operations, decision making and planning.
- Use excellent oral and written communication in a clear, organized, and timely manner. Obtain and share information related to current issues that may influence departmental and corporate operations.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude in the face of change. Work well in a changing environment, able to move forward in the presence of some degree of uncertainty.
- Actively seek to understand the business and understand the business environment in which we operate. Be knowledgeable about the company, essential functions, and industry trends relative to your job.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Show capability of having organizational and planning skills, as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to achieve goals.
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others. Ability to interface and work well with different levels of individual contributors and management is required.
- Intermediate data management, quality assurance and data flow skills.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to research and analyze data.
- Understanding of basic database structures.
- Basic quantitative and analytical skills is preferred.
- Experience and/or knowledge with data cataloging and data analytics.