We have a contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master – this is a mixed role with Scrum Master 70% and PM 30%. The Senior PM is responsible for the planning, scheduling, and tracking of projects for a platform within the client’s Digital Platform Group (DPG). This role will partner with technical product management, engineering, and the business to provide leadership in delivering innovative digital solutions to customers. This position will not only focus on the planning, communication and coordination of the project but also beyond the end date to the transitional and operational elements.
**Remote (may need to go onsite NYC 3-4 times per year). Must work EST hours.
- Accountable to sponsors for schedule and quality of all project elements.
- This role will also serve as the Agile advocate and scrum master for one or more new or established Agile teams.
- Champion agile methodologies throughout the development process and adherence to the DPG SDLC.
- Help set up a brand-new team with successful agile practices. Then act as scrum master to agile teams (most likely 1-2 teams.)
- Ensure appropriate ceremonies occur with valuable outcomes. Drives continuous team improvement.
- Facilitates delivery of a project or projects by ensuring the team drives commitments to completion on time and with quality.
- Create project plans that may span multiple teams. Manage dependencies within the project.
- Ensures projects follow the DPG SDLC including a prioritized backlog, documented delivery plan, iteration 0 and dependency identification.
- Own and manage communication plan for projects. Ensure transparency and buy in on key decisions. Proactively removes impediments to ensure successful delivery of team commitments. Drives issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Ensures coordination for the successful release of projects in line with DPG SDLC.
- Release manager for scrum teams.
- Ensures customer support is appropriately prioritized and SLAs are honored.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Agile experience
- PM experience 5 yrs plus
- In depth knowledge of software development.
- Ed Tech experience is a plus
- Agile project management experience, specifically as a scrum master. Ideally experienced successfully kicking off brand new agile teams.
- Experience managing dependencies and project plans
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Able to work with a wide group of stakeholders in a positive and collaborative manner
- Open style of communication to foster efficient flow of ideas and build consensus across the project
- Flexible and adaptable to tools and ways of working
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, collaboration, organizational and critical thinking
- Growth mindset, adaptable and open to change, interested in improving over time
- Positive attitude
- Cross-disciplinary understanding of product management and software development a plus.
- Capable of influence in a matrix structure where authority may lie elsewhere
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Slack a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification is a plus
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Vaccination card required