Senior Technician – hybrid
A Senior Technician is needed for an hybrid contract opportunity with our Gahanna, Ohio client. This is an in-office position that performs a quality check of work requests before released to the line department. You will be required to open a PDF, print and look at units in storms. No field work will be required.
**Hybrid schedule-Will be required to report in the office 2 days a week, schedule can be worked out with manager.
Training will be done Mon-Fri in office until fully trained.
- Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Civil/ Mechanical Engineering Technology or related fields, with a minimum of 4 years of related utility industry work experience, OR
- High school diploma or GED, with a minimum of 6 years of related utility industry work experience, including experience in work activities and projects requiring technical engineering knowledge.
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrates the ability to understand and perform technical functions required in relevant area of assignment. Demonstrates a strong ability to use technical and computer tools to perform assignments in most cost effective method possible. Ensures compliance with standards, codes, regulations, practices, and procedures in area of assignment.
- Leadership & Guidance: Develops and may assist in the delivery of training to other employees and sections on employee’s area of expertise. May assist in leading the work activities within work group, team, department or other corporate entity as necessary to perform all routine engineering technical assignments.
- Planning & Organization Ability: Review cost estimates for non-routine work, i.e. special projects. Uses records to plan future work. Plans, organizes and conducts meetings. May plan work and suggests work plans of others to complete non-routine work within time constraints. May coordinate work with suppliers and internal or external customers. Reviews trends of material and equipment performance, and initiate necessary corrective action.
- Problem Solving & Initiative: Demonstrates the ability to work beyond routine assignments on moderate to complex issues. Seeks to broaden knowledge in areas of the company and industry which will complement acquired technical skills.
- Decision Making & Business Awareness: Uses diverse approaches to make decisions in the absence of a definite framework or where few precedents exist. Makes decisions that may affect the operations or results of the section and which may impact the business unit. Demonstrates the ability to handle conflicting interests related to projects or special tasks. Also demonstrates the ability to analyze options and risks. Exhibits awareness of client’s competitive position and how business decisions impact their organizational units.