Our client has a contract opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst.
Hybrid schedule, 2/3 days in the office a week generally, after onboarding. Would need to be local in order to fulfill that request.
Service Desk Analyst
- Performs professional work providing support on personal computer and Macintosh hardware and software to end users and providing technical assistance to staff on operating hardware and software and office peripherals.
- Also is responsible for supporting audio/visual, video conferencing and telephone (Cisco VoIP) systems.
Performs duties in alignment with the client’s Strategic Plan and in support of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Service Desk responds to and resolves end user system issues that are reported through the ServiceDesk hotline and mailbox.
- The Service Desk will resolve various hardware/software, peripheral (digital display devices, docking stations, etc.),and telephone problems. Complete PC and Macintosh peripherals and phone installs as required.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP) for operating and maintaining desktop systems, including standard imaging, security protocols and Virtual Desktop environments..
- Trains new employees on the use of office equipment such as voice mail, telephones, and desktop systems;
- Researches and works with Management to procure new hardware and software, including developing specifications and providing cost estimates;
- Manages the testing of new technical applications and upgrades;
- Maintains an inventory of I.T. equipment and works with Supply Management staff to auction obsolete equipment and follow proper disposal procedures for non-sellable equipment;
Performs file back-ups and restores, using Commvault software; applies anti-virus updates and performs password resets as needed by the users;
- Assists staff in configuring training rooms, conference rooms, etc. and providing technical assistance on equipment as required for meetings;
- Responsible for recommending and implementing new technical solutions;
- Responsible for end user system and user administration for the entire organization through Active Directory;
- Manages deployment, administration and support for desktops;
- Fields incoming Incident and Service requests from end users;
- Assesses and installs appropriate upgrades, patches, drivers, etc.;
- Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization;
- Ensures license compliance and documentation;
- • Performs hands-on fixes, including software/hardware installation and upgrades, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications;
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and remediation;
- Responsible for end-to-end support of a complex network located in multiple locations, including supporting local and remote users;
- Available to support critical business issues 24/7 as part on an on-call rotation.
- May be required to be available through a mobile device via voice and/or data during and outside of normal working hours. Must respond within the defined Service Level Agreement.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED, and a minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting PC and Macintosh hardware and software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in business or public administration.
- A+ certification desired.
- ITIL certification desired.
- Knowledge of personal computer and Macintosh hardware and software, including experience with setup, configuration and installation;
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows and Macintosh -based desktop operating systems, MS Exchange, MS Office Suite, SCCM, and imaging software to roll out new software releases;
- Skills in verbal and written communication;
- Skills in human relations and customer service;
- Ability to diagnose, evaluate and resolve PC and Macintosh hardware and software problems;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff;
- Willingness to ask questions to management and other IT support staff during times in which the analyst is uncertain of how to resolve an incident.
- Solid knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP and LAN;
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including tablets, desktops, laptops, IP Phones, and mobile devices.
- Familiarity with the Sophos Anti-Virus solution;
- Experience with Cisco (VoIP) telephone and voice mail setup/administration;
- Application support experience with Microsoft Office products;
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities;
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required;
- Highly self-motivated and directed;
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.