A contractor is needed in Dallas, TX for the role of Software Developer. Responsibilities include detailed software design and development for full stack applications in the cloud. The client uses Python, NodeJS, SQL, Talend, and Salesforce, with Git-based software repository and version control. They are evolving their continuous integration, continuous deployment, and release on demand, including test driven development, unit and system test automation, implementation of toggles, and CI/CD automation. They work in an Agile environment, specifically using Scrum.
Other useful technical knowledge includes Docker/Docker-compose, Linux, Salesforce Apex, Visualforce, jQuery, Kafka, WSO2, MSSQL, Web UI/UX.
Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Performing the detailed design of application and technical architecture components and classes in accordance to the specification provided by the Solution Architect (SA) and Business Analyst (BA), for coding of SW components, and for the early testing phases (component testing), and system testing support.
- Detailed SW Design
- Specify low level SW design, write technical specifications
- Produce interface or integration specifications
- Select appropriate platforms and tools.
- Develop and integrate the SW component
- Develop new and amended software programs, database, schemas, data dictionary, and scripts
- Perform code profiling by using appropriate tools to confirm coding compliance with application development standards and customer guidelines
- SW component testing and system testing support
- Support the Installation and integration of software into the target environment
- Write test plans and descriptions for component testing
- Support system test specification
- Perform component testing of software programs including bug fixing, provide support to system testing phase.
- SW Design Tools
- Development platforms and environments
- Debugging tools
- Deployment tools
- Verification tools
- Configuration management tools
- Task management tools
- Documentation or office tools
- Behavioral Competences
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree in computer science or related disciplines; or relevant industry experience in software development activity
- Have an analytical mind and be able to follow processes.
- Good experience in technical troubleshooting.
- Good experience in coding and how to update existing code.
- Good experience of IP Technologies
- Experience about architectural design
- Configuration Management experience
- Experience in Standardization work
- Ability to work independently with minimal assistance
- Focus areas of domain expertise:
- BSS (Real time and converged solutions, Billing, Portals, Campaign mgmt, EAI and CRM)
- OSS (Fulfillment, Assurance, EAI, customer experience management)
- Service Delivery and Service Enablement solutions and VAS (Value added services) transformation/consolidation
- TV & Media
- IP and network knowledge