Our Overland Park, KS client has a contract opening for a hands-on System Administrator who will support advanced and enabling technologies research and lab server platforms and services. Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting company’s computer systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
**Candidate has to be onsite
- Has racking and stacking experience
- IP and networking
- Operating systems – Linux, VM ware and Kubernetes (good to have)
- Core 5G or 4G good to have
- Troubleshooting experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience required
- Self-initiated, team oriented but can work independently
- Good communications skills.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Configuration, troubleshooting, testing of research server platforms.
- Linux. VMware, open stack, Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with server farms and platforms preferred
- 5G core experience a plus