A Systems Engineer is needed for a direct hire opening with our Columbus, Ohio client. The role is accountable for the computing infrastructure, data center, and end user experience for the Company. Serve as a strategic technical resource for the infrastructure area to ensure a secure, effective environment for new development and ongoing infrastructure architecture governance.
Work Location: Hybrid, candidates must be within driving distance of 2 Dublin, Ohio data centers
Estimated salary: $100K base salary, bonus eligible
- Leads the design, implementation, and on-going support for such technologies as servers, storage, virtualization, Active Directory, and cloud infrastructure.
- Build and implement project plans for infrastructure systems and related enterprise software and hardware implementations, on-going monitoring, support, and upgrades.
- Collaborate with other technology teams in defining and maintaining processes and procedures regarding technical architecture, disaster recovery, capacity planning, change control, security, problem resolution, performance management, and availability.
- Continue to stay abreast of new technologies within the industry and evaluate the applicability of those technologies within the company’s environment.
- Deploy, modify, and scale infrastructure architecture to support applications in the cloud.
- Contribute to our infrastructure as code module library.
- Collaborate with teams to define and document best practices for developers to consume and operate cloud platform services.
- Design and develop infrastructure as code using standard software development lifecycles and techniques.
- Oversee and ensure effectiveness of all infrastructure systems hardware components and associated operating systems and software.
- Partner with appropriate IT groups, administrative departments, and outside vendors to assure the effective management of the company’s technology assets.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Able to drive results with a sense of urgency relative to the end user.
- Ability to think strategically but willingness to handle, firsthand, the mechanics of technology services required by the business.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, mentoring and development abilities in conjunction with Company standards.
- Decisiveness, good judgment, analytical/math aptitude, and problem-solving skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others.
- Preferred experience with technologies relevant to the client including but not limited to, Azure, AWS, VMware, Windows Server, Linux Server, and infrastructure automation platforms.
- Working knowledge of architecture and design of solutions using cloud-based technologies
- Experience with enterprise cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow through and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational savvy and leadership skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of organization.
Minimum of 5+ years of infrastructure technical experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in implementing leading-edge infrastructure technologies.