The Technology Support Administrator contractor with our Columbus, Ohio client is responsible for first level interaction with business customers. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues found within end user hardware and software computing environments in a timely and courteous manner. Responsible for owning the customer experience from beginning to end, including responding to the end user from multiple channels, documenting issue resolution, and following escalation procedures.
- Performs level 1 troubleshooting and problem resolution support for BTS.
- Responsible for providing professional, courteous, and consistent customer service to business customers.
- Assist in maintaining hardware and software inventory.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user hardware, personal computer operating systems and mobile devices, and application software.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting document solutions, such as copiers, fax machines, and printers.
- Responsible for supporting iPad devices for field agents.
- Works with third party vendors as necessary for problem resolution.
- Performs PC hardware and software moves, adds, and changes as needed.
- Assists technical resources in various project tasks as assigned.
- Create and Maintain End-User documentation to promote self-service through in-house knowledge base as well as technical documentation for internal IT use.
- Meet or exceed defined Service Level Agreements.
- Responsible for finalization of reported problems. Includes updating knowledge-based system and contacting users to verify closure and ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for after-hours support, following the on-call rotation policy.
- Support customers vis multiple channels – Phone, Walk-up (Tech bar), email, & portal submitted incidents & requests.
- Documents and communicates standard policies and procedures as defined by management.
- Develops and provides technical coaching and mentoring to other BTS members and End-users.
- Possible light travel to support remote offices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to go above and beyond for the customer.
- Ability to drive results with a sense of urgency relative to the end user.
- Exceptional organizational skills, follow through and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to use available resources to research an issue to provide a resolution.
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-moving environment.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Preferred associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of technical experience supporting and maintaining personal computers and desktop applications in a business environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in supporting Microsoft Windows desktop infrastructure and related technologies.
- Must have working knowledge of personal computers as well as familiarity of local area networks and cabling topologies.